Friday 27 July 2018

THASSOS FASHION


This year we paid our second visit to the Greek Island of Thassos - situated just off mainland Greece, and accessed by ferry from the port of Keramoti. Since I wrote a couple of travel blogs last year here and here, I won't go into huge detail about the island, particularly since hubby and I pretty much visited the same places.

This time I am concentrating more on what I wore for a very warm first week - followed by a horrendous second week, weather-wise, with storms, floods, torrential rain and eight-hour thunderstorms - more of that later!

If you read our recent Instagram post about packing tops which double up as daytime kaftans to night time tops, you may recognise most of the items which I eventually packed. They are very lightweight and easy to pack, and it doesn't matter quite so much if they are a little creased.

The first photo is taken outside our beautiful mini apartment at the Antigone Hotel, and shows me wearing one of my favourite tops from Julien Macdonald at Debenhams in acid yellow/green (now sold out but similar one here), worn with white jeggings from Marks and Spencer.  The watch is also one of my favourites from Swarovski, while the bracelet is rose gold and bought at a jewellery fair at Castle Howard a couple of years ago.  The see-through beach bag is great for either during the day, but works just as well in the evening as it has a plain white bag which can be used as a clutch or for making sure your valuables are not on display.

The cat's eyes sunglasses are new ones - Tiffany City Hardwear sunglasses and were bought in Manchester Airport on the way out!


The  dipped hem top is from Matalan a couple of years ago and can be worn either as a cover up or for evening wear over jeggings - again from Julien Macdonald at Debenhams a while ago, while the sandals were bought in Thassos last year.

The heart shaped earrings and necklace are from Simply Devine, while the bracelet was bought at a wedding fair in Leeds and the chrome/diamante watch was a gift from a friend from Next (similar here).


I do love a floaty top and I particularly love this beautiful lilac shade which is a double layered top from Simply B in lilac, which I have had for several years, but never tire of.  I found some lilac feather earrings to match perfectly, though can't remember where I got them.  I have once again teamed with the white jeggings from M&S and the silver sandals from Thassos.  The lovely long necklace was gifted from one of our Instagram followers, Mandy's Boutique Heaven (here in a different colourway).

And below is a fabulous silk kaftan - much too nice for the beach - which was also a gift from Mandy's Boutique Heaven (here in grey). You can take advantage of a fabulous discount code for anything from Mandy's Boutique Heaven, by adding ANNE15 at the end of your order. She has some fabulous clothes and accessories, and I've just bought something for myself....



You will have seen this before but I absolutely love it - it's perfect for holidays but also just right for summer nights out in this country too.  I have teamed it with an aquamarine necklace, earrings and matching ring bought last year from Iris Gold in Thassos.


The pink top and cut offs are a much more casual outfit - and I have had both for quite a while.  The pink top (my favourite colour!) with diamante neckline is from Quiz, while the cut offs - which are about 10 years old - are from the now defunct British Home Stores. Jewellery as before with earrings which are also ancient.


What a stunning sunset - taken down by the harbour where the smaller yachts and tour boats are moored.

Here's a new outfit this year ... the handkerchief point dress/beach cover up is from Matalan, jeggings as before and gold diamante flip flops from Primark.  I have teamed it with the same pretty aquamarine and silver matching earrings, necklace and ring from Iris Gold, as before.


And another casual daytime outfit for a ferry trip to the mainland at Kavala. The BHS cutoffs as before are teamed with a blue and white linen top from TKMaxx - I also have a dress in the same fabric as I liked it so much, which I tend to do if I find something I like. The side panels are stretchy on both the top and the dress which is perfect for holiday time when you over-indulge (I put on six pounds in weight)!

The black sequinned bag is from Next several years ago and has been all over the world with me - despite the handles being repaired, it is still going strong and was such a great buy. The sunglasses are Chanel and are ones I have also had for years and no longer available in the UK though I found some on the US ebay here. (though the price was ridiculous!)


Another great buy from TKMaxx is this gorgeous kaftan which I absolutely love.  In white trimmed with gold, it gives the impression of being a more expensive item, but is another beach cover-up which I have worn with a cami underneath for decency.  I bought the outrageous drop earrings in Thassos (and also got them in a raspberry shade), while the rose gold bracelet was also from Iris Gold in Thassos.  The flip flops and bag are Ted Baker in rose gold from last summer, but here in cream and gold. 


For another day out as the weather turned cloudy - but was still warm, I'm wearing the trusty cut offs with a bardot top in blue and white stripes, from Florence & Fred @ Tesco - but this has been a popular look for a couple of years and there are plenty of similar styles still around. ( FYI The Tesco Direct website has now been discontinued so customers are now unable to order online.)

The flip flops are another budget supermarket buy from TU at Sainsbury's, and the sunglasses are from TKMaxx.

Finally - here's a photo I never expected to take on a summer trip in Greece - we had torrential rain, thunderstorms and floods!!! Last year we arrived in a downpour so this year on a whim I packed a lightweight mac, never intending to use it.  I wore it every day for the latter part of the holiday - and left it in Greece with a friend who was staying couple of weeks - and just as well I did as she needed it! Having said that, we still had a great holiday.

As I write this I have just been reading the news about the dreadful fires outside Athens, and the tragic loss of so many lives.  We absolutely love Greece and the Greek people are just wonderful.  Our hearts go out to them for their terrible loss.


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I was recently here and this is an amazing place for a wedding. I got a little carried away with the open bar at Chicago wedding venues. An open bar allows you to like any sort of music, even the most awful. Anyway, for those of you thinking to marry, this is the perfect spot.

    ReplyDelete

© Sensational Baby Boomers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig