Wednesday 19 October 2016

TRANSITIONAL DRESSING - COATS PART TWO

So last week we featured a couple of our new Autumn coats, but I had bought this pink number  from Simply Be in the sales around the back end of July, but which they still have on their website, having seen it earlier in the year.  As many of you already know, I love anything pink, so this little number was perfect for me.  It is unlined so very light and works just as well for popping over jeans or wearing with a dress and heels.  In fact I do have an occasion pink dress which matches it exactly, so would be great even to wear to a wedding or christening if the sun goes in!




I have teamed the coat - which doesn't actually have any buttons - with a scarf from a boutique in Wetherby which was a gift, and it also matches.  The patent bag is from a gift fayre picked up at a local hospital, and the suede boots with studded heels are from Primark.  I am wearing my trusty M&S black straight-leg trousers, bought a couple of seasons ago.








There is a distinct advantage to having a daughter who is a fashion blogger and that is when she wants to feature you in her blog.  She did a really lovely post in September in conjunction with H&M about Women who Inspire and I was really chuffed when she chose me as her subject, which you can read here on her blog Shot From The Street.


As part of H&M's fall campaign she was asked to focus on the importance of equality and the evolution of women.  I'm probably old enough now to talk about the evolution of women!  Is that a good sign?  H&M was kind enough to send us some clothes to wear and I thought, what better than show them to our readers, particularly this lovely camel coat.  This is a perfect piece for stylish Autumn dressing which can be worn with plenty of layers underneath or with just a shirt for a more tailored look.  Apart from the shoes all my outfit is from H&M and I really loved the length of this coat which will look great with both boots and trousers.



Lizzy's cable knit and her jeans are also from H&M - I think I need to try to get that jumper from her on my next visit.  It would be perfect in my wardrobe.  





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sensational Baby Boomers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig