Friday 13 July 2018

CITY BREAK OUTFIT CHOICES


A trip is on the horizon to Paris and I have had a little bit of a retail buying frenzy in preparation.  Why? you make well ask, you are going to Paris, surely the best place for shopping.  But this trip is about seeing the city and enjoying the sites not trawling through shops.


I am little obsessed with Massimo Dutti at the moment and this post is almost a homage to them and the Inditex Group as if I'm not wearing Dutti I am wearing Zara.  And while I am mentioning Zara am I alone in finding the in-store experience not pleasant.  I always relied on Zara for wardrobe staples but can't remember the last time I purchased something in the shop, finding the whole experience stressful and rather with an aesthetic like a jumble sale. Thank goodness for the online shop, as at least I have found what I was looking for there.   But enough moaning, on with the outfits.


First up is this lovely geometric print blouse from Massimo Dutti with fabulous pleated sleeve detailing.  A really simple classic shape with this added ingredient of pleating is great and so easy to wear.  Hidden buttons down the front and long puff sleeves, that I have pushed up, with  a button cuff complete the piece which is in 100% viscose.  Soft muted shades add colour but are very much in my comfort zone and I think this piece will be fab with smart trousers and jeans.



The trousers are from Zara and are the white  textured wide leg trousers at £69.99  which are a polyester/elastane mix and really comfortable to wear.


Next up is the lovely linen mix double breasted cream blazer also from Massimo Dutti.  A flattering slim fit with a subtle check pattern, it is great to team with trousers, like these flared ecru trousers from Zara in 100% polyester at £39.99 .  With a lovely flowing shape they are a perfect summer wardrobe addition and easy to dress up or down.


I have worn with a silk round neck top that I have had for years and came from Pure Collection and a statement necklace which was gifted to me from Mandys Heaven and I absolutely love.  We can offer our followers a 15% discount with them,  just use the code ANNE15  and enjoy adding to your summer wardrobe as they have so much to offer. 



The sunglasses are new too and come via my optician as I need prescription lenses.  They are by Cocoa Mint and are the CMS2037 style, available from lots of opticians so worth asking your own if you like them.


And another Massimo Dutti find is this striped blouse with satin details on the neckline, cuffs and placket.  A similar simple straight shape that works tucked in or out, it adds a touch of sophistication to an outfit.  In 100% viscose it cost £59.95 and I is something I am sure to wear time and time again.


The trousers are the same flared Zara ones and the pendant is one I have had for so long I can't remember where it came from!  This is the sort of outfit I would wear for going out to dinner and on chillier days teamed with jeans for sightseeing trips.


Last but not least, a splash of colour - you see I am learning to embrace colour thanks to the other Anne's positive influence.


This lovely striped top includes pleating detail and yes, it is from Massimo Dutti again.  It's a linen/silk/modal mix and the side vents are deep enough for it to be worn loose or tied at the front. Great for walking hot city streets when teamed with some white straight leg jeans like these 7 for All Mankind which have been a wardrobe staple of mine for years.



The sandals are from Mint Velvet and so comfortable they will not be off my feet!.  They are the India Stone Cross flats featuring a low espadrille and a metallic toe strap with chic cross straps and zip at the heel.  Perfect summer shoes and a colour that goes with anything. They also come in black with a snake effect strap.


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This is a really informative knowledge, Thanks for posting this informative Information. Baby boomers

    ReplyDelete

© Sensational Baby Boomers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig