Friday 5 October 2018

HONEY WE'RE HOME!


After a fabulous summer in the UK, along with our respective holidays in the sun - not that we actually needed to go abroad this year, for once the weather in England has rivalled the continent - we are now back to normal following a bit of a blogging break.

Pretty much as we have done for the past 18 years or so, I headed off to Santorini with my long-suffering hubby, bringing along our daughter and her boyfriend, staying at the small family hotel where we have holidayed every year, and for which we now feel blessed to almost be part of the family.  We were invited to join family meals, where we chatted as best as we could since we don't speak much more than the odd word of Greek, but we managed with a little help from Google Translate when we got stuck!

The other Anne jetted off to her happy place in Tropea, Italy, with her family and she will be writing soon be letting you know about her travels too.

Since I have written a few times about Santorini here and here, I thought I would just show you some fabulous backdrops to my holiday wardrobe - most of which you will probably have seen before, but which tend to come out every year when the sun shines.



The fabulous black and gold kaftan is from Mandy's Heaven, a stylish brand we discovered on Instagram. As this was summer stock it is no longer available ( but I've just had to order something from the new autumn collection). The lovely Mandy was kind enough to send each of us a silk top which we featured here and here (I did take mine to Santorini and wore it again, but the photo taken by my hubby was rubbish!)  I loved her range so much I bought this one and have just taken delivery of another parcel, the contents of which I'm sure will be featured soon.  I am wearing with my trusty leggings from Julien Macdonald.  The sequinned beach bag is another old favourite from Next, which I've had for many years.

I have kept jewellery to a minimum as I hate anything clingy and stuck to my skin when the weather is so hot, so I'm wearing rose gold earrings from Simply Devine, and a FitBit which was a birthday gift from my daughter this year.





The all-white outfit, shot against a monastery on the highest point of the island, is a combination of go-to white linen trousers from M&S, and a pretty bardot pleated chiffon top from Zara, which is probably my favourite purchase of the summer.  Obviously they are now selling winter stock, so no longer available. The white diamante sandals were a Santorini purchase from around three years ago.

The lovely Tiffany cat's eye sunglasses were a new purchase from Manchester airport as we left for our last holiday, and the watch is a favourite sparkly Swarovski piece (similar one here).


The hazy back-drop is shot from in front of the monastery and is a view of  the capital Thira to the left and Oia in the far left distance, which form a rim to the volcano just out of view.


The red lace dipped hem top was from a small boutique called Emphasize in Romford, and I have slipped a red cami underneath to keep myself decent.  I have teamed with the same black leggings as before from Julien Macdonald.


Taken from our balcony, the orange kaftan from Matalan has a dual purpose and can be worn over a swimmie for daytime and with another cami for decency, swapped for a night-time look over white leggings, also from Matalan.  The silver sandals were bought on another Greek Island, Thassos, last year, while the white clutch is the insert from a beach bag!


To be clear - you aren't going to see me full length in a bathing costume, but I don't mind sharing this shot taken from a visiting friend's hotel right on the cliff edge in the fabulous Imerovigli.  (What you can't actually see is the costume, which is coral with gold flamingos and was bought in Asda!)

With its stunning views and infinity pool, the vista across the Caldera and volcano was just breath-taking, if a little breezy, as it sits more than 1,000 feet above the sea.


My lovely best friend Anne will also soon be sharing her holiday wardrobe from beautiful Tropea  - as soon as she has unpacked.

And just to let you know that we have already booked to go back to Santorini next year! Yamas!!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sensational Baby Boomers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig