Friday 19 October 2018

AUTUMN WARDROBE ADDITIONS



I always like to wear one colour if I can - I read years ago that it makes you look slimmer rather than have two colours which cut you in half.  My daughter disagrees with this one though - she told me I had over-done the red.  But if you like something, I say, wear it!


I may look a bit like Mother Christmas, but hey, I love red and I love Christmas!

The sweater was a recent buy from an online store which is fast becoming one of my favourites, and which I learned about through Instagram when the lovely Mandy gifted us a beautiful silk top each.  I have gone on to buy a few pieces from her store Mandy's Fashion Heaven, and love her casual fluid looks.  This fabulous sweater is available in several lovely bright shades (oh no!!) so I may have to buy others! It is currently not on her website, but one thing to note is that her site is regularly updated as she gets in new stock, so I live in hope that it will soon be back.


I have teamed it with red skinny jeans which I bought in Tesco (one loaf of bread and a pair of jeans please!...) I can buy inexpensive jeans because I am quite short, so I don't have to worry too much about the length.  The only thing I tend to avoid with cheaper jeans is low rise pants, which I hate, but unfortunately I have accidentally managed to buy those in the past.

The fabulous OTT mules were a recent purchase on holiday in Santorini.  I just love anything sparkly, so these fit the bill perfectly.  I have topped off the outfit with a leopard print scarf edged in red which is one of my favourites and is an old one from Warehouse, but Dune has a similar one on sale here.


I am sticking with the red skinnies and mules in the next shot, but I have teamed this outfit with a navy blue and white striped T shirt, bought in M&S sale at the end of the summer, so no longer in stock, but a similar one without the red piping is still available here.  Have you noticed how T shirts have been getting shorter?  I wanted a longer length one with full sleeves to wear for yoga since your work out on a cold floor and with winter drawing ever closer, I will be layering up!  Besides, if you have a larger bottom and a bit of a tum, I feel more comfortable with a longer shirt.

The gold watch is actually a Fitbit - a birthday gift from my daughter.  I am desperately trying to get my steps up, but because of a long-standing injury, I am struggling to make 10,000 steps (unlike the other Anne who regularly does way more than that a day!)

The garnet earrings are ones I have had for years.





You either love this next outfit or you'll hate it!  Actually I love it since it's a bit funky, and the colour is lovely.

The dress is again from Mandy's Fashion Heaven, in a pinky/mauve shade and is really comfy to wear.  I'm wearing it with white cotton leggings from Julien Macdonald, which were another summer sale buy, so again now sold out, but you could just as easily wear with shoes or boots.



The necklace is another one from Mandy ( seen here in black) - who also stocks a great range of accessories - indeed her new handbag range is gorgeous.  The shoes are a recent buy from River Island - not sure if you can tell but they have a sparkly platform, and I do love diamante! However the current stock shows the same design without the sparkle here. What a shame that these have disappeared from the website so soon - but you might still find them in store somewhere.


The weather is turning distinctly chilly now, so next week the other Anne will be showcasing her new Autumn knitwear!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sensational Baby Boomers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig