Friday 18 August 2017

TROPEAN EVENING LOOKS

I just had to share this beautiful sunset over our friends' pool - just to remind myself as it pours with rain outside my window,  that it was, and still is, sunny somewhere in Europe. 
And now for some more of my favourite holiday outfits with clothes that have probably featured before on this blog.  I purchased this longline top from Zara a couple of years ago and loved it so much that I got the other colourway as well.  It would be so easy to copy if you were a seamstress as it is such a basic shape.  It might be too long at the back for a lot of people but perfect for me being 5ft 8in. Versatile as well,  as it makes a great beach cover up but then dresses up so well for the evening. 
Seen here at our favourite cocktail bar in Tropea - Max's Bar - I have accessorised with a pretty pearl necklace that was a gift from the Far East and a fabulous Mojito.
I have got my trusty Zara linen trousers on here and a white cami top from M & S to protect my modesty. The sandals were the ones purchased from Rome and the handbag is from Kate Spade.  
This top is one that I bought this year from Cos and as ever is my favoured design with drop back and simple tunic cut.  The black linen trousers are from Zara and the black wedges are from M & S from last year. The necklace was a gift from Phase 8 who can always be relied on for long length necklaces. 
Back to some oldies from the wardrobe - another Cos top with a silk drop back and jersey front in dark navy teamed with white cotton trousers with turn ups from the YaYa brand sold through idependent retailers.  The necklace is from Mint Velvet and the sunglasses are Chloe and purchased in Tropea a year ago. Please excuse the not so attractive FitBit bracelet, but a girl has to keep up with her step count.  
And here is that Zara top again in the other colourway.  Teamed with black linen jeans from Armani that I bought in Tropea over five years ago. The sandals are from Next and on their last legs and the bracelet was also a Tropea find.  
Again I have worn an M & S cami top underneath to keep the eye on the over top which is also in black.


Closing with some evening shots of Tropea with the sun setting over Stromboli.  
Such a pretty view and a destination worth a visit.  It even got a write up in the Sunday Times travel guide recently as one of the Med's top tips - Calabria, Italy's secret south.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sensational Baby Boomers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig