Friday 1 September 2017

IN THE PINK



I don't think it's a big secret that my favourite colour is pink - shocking pink, pale pink, bright pink, hot pink - you name it, I love it!

I've bought a couple of new outfits this summer - and of course it includes my favourite pink palette!

The dress above and below is from Hope Fashion in a bright fuchsia pink.  I love the colour and the style, however, I did find the fabric a little thin and disappointing, but I am still keeping it.  I have teamed with bright pink suede shoes, which came from George at Asda, and a gorgeous necklace, which I bought in John Lewis earlier this year, but is now sold out. The earrings are silver, and which I have had for ages, while the slim silver bracelet was actually my expanding christening bracelet, which I have just discovered still fits, though I hadn't even seen it for years.





Anne H has also splashed out on pink this year - even though it isn't normally one of the colours she wears - maybe my love of pink is rubbing off on her!!


She brings in the pink with some wide legged pink silk-rayon trousers from Zara that she has had for years and a cream viscose top from Reiss that she purchased from a McArthur Glen outlet.  Her shoes are from Russell and Bromley and are the fuscia toned suede Display design, which look very similar to the other Anne's but at £175 are more than 12 times the price!


Her bangle on her watch hand is the Essence design from Pandora and was a gift from her daughter.  The watch is Tag Heuer and the other bangle is one purchased whilst on holiday in Greece as was the pendant.

(Love that Daphne the cat has managed to photobomb the shot above!)


Back to Anne C and she is wearing a lipstick pink chiffon dress from James Lakeland, bought from Simply Devine in Tadcaster.  She has the same dress in black, bought last year, and featured in a previous blog post here) and although it is no longer available on the James Lakeland website, SD still has the dress in stock in pink, black and navy, and House of Fraser has it in cobalt blue here, though sizes are limited.

It is such an easy dress to wear - either dress it up with heels and super jewellery, or dress down (as Anne has done here) and team it with flip-flops for a summer vibe.


The flip flops are Ted Baker rose gold, and were an anniversary gift this summer from her husband for their 42nd wedding anniversary - clearly he knows where her true passions lie! They are the bow detail Glamaar design which are still available on the Ted Baker site in gold and limited sizes in the rose gold are available on the House of Fraser site, both at £45.


And as seen in a previous post Anne H is wearing a pink T shirt top from OSKA which she has teamed with white 7 for All Mankind Rozie jeans, her favourite jeans brand and style.  Her sandals, purchased last year, are from Dune and have been the perfect pair for walking city streets. Sadly they are now coming to the end of their life so she has found some very similar ones, also from Dune, and is hoping they will prove as comfortable. Her bangle is from The White Company and necklace from Phase 8 who can always be relied upon for reasonably priced pieces and particularly the longer styles favoured by Anne.  This necklace was purchased last year, but they still have a similar style in this Penelope necklace and for just £29 it is a real steal. 

It was purely a coincidence that the garden furniture matches! 



SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Hi Anne,

    My name is Anuj Agarwal. I'm Founder of Feedspot.

    I would like to personally congratulate you as your blog Sensational Baby Boomers has been selected by our panelist as one of the Top 75 Baby Boomer Blogs on the web.

    http://blog.feedspot.com/baby_boomer_blogs/

    I personally give you a high-five and want to thank you for your contribution to this world. This is the most comprehensive list of Top 75 Baby Boomer Blogs on the internet and I’m honored to have you as part of this!

    Also, you have the honor of displaying the badge on your blog.

    Best,
    Anuj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anuj - and thank you for the email. We are extremely honoured to be included in the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been a wedding vender (Photographer) in the area for twenty five years and I have never been treated so well by a wedding venue like I was at this place. I am usually taken care of as a "last on the list" at venues, which I understand where the bride, groom and guest come first but the entire staff from the minute I walked in the Chicago wedding venues door treated me so well.

    ReplyDelete

© Sensational Baby Boomers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig