Friday 7 July 2017

STYLING SUMMER WHITES



Anne C. here, and since this week is the start of Wimbledon, we thought we would show you our take on summer white dressing.

I absolutely love colour but there is something so cool and refreshing about wearing white when the weather is sunny!  Normally I mix and match, using a white base and then livening up an outfit with a coloured cardigan, light duster coat or linen jacket, but this time, because the weather is so warm, I just popped on a summer scarf.



My white trousers are basic wide legged white linen from Marks and Spencer and are a few years old, but they still have them on sale - I think they are a staple in just about every mature woman's wardrobe!

I have teamed them with some holiday purchases, bought on a recent trip to the lovely Greek island of Thassos (see travel blog next week!)  The white linen hooded cardigan is perfect for popping on as the sun goes down, but not suitable if it's really cold. (I also bought one in pale pink!)

The pretty scarf is from Matalan, and features my favourite shade of fuchsia, along with orange tassels, which will go perfectly with other pink and orange items in my wardrobe. I bought this just before my trip but it isn't on their website, though you may still be able to buy in store.


The crisp white blouse is another Thassos buy - I don't usually wear short shirts as I have rather large hips, but I fell in love with this little blouse which is plain at the front and has a cute bow on the back. In fact I liked it so much I also bought it in black!

The silver sandals were also bought in Thassos, as were the pretty blue-stoned silver earrings, ring and necklace, which were bought at Iris Gold - a lovely inexpensive jewellers, where we also visited the jewellery making factory, which was heaven!!! I am also wearing a gold bracelet bought there too. Unfortunately I have just discovered that they sell online too....oh dear!!


Anne H here with my take on summer whites.  I am not one to usually wear a lot of white having been told years ago by a colour consultant that it was not in my colour palette!  I should really go for a pink undertone - but maybe that will have changed now I am in my sixties.  Note to self, get the colour analysis done again.  It would definitely be interesting to see what has changed.

To lift the starkness of the white I have gone with my favoured, and colour approved, taupe tones.  I love this colour as it seems to go with pretty much anything and has a warmth to it that I think is flattering.  



The long line linen mix cardigan is from The White Company sale and is sadly no longer available. It is one that you definitely have to be tall to wear and you can see it just clears my ankles and I am 5ft 8".  I like this style of cardigan as it adds an elegance to the outfit and is really very figure forgiving.



The peep-toe satin mules are from H & M and I stole from my daughter's wardrobe!  In Khaki, they are now in the sale and are just £13.99 so worth a look on the link here.  They tone rather well with the cardigan and were really comfortable and not too high.  Gone are the days of tottering around on stilettos.


The T shirt is from COS and has a flattering round neck and decent body length to wear tucked in or loose.  You can't go wrong at the price either as only £12 and it is available in black and blue as well.  The white jeans are the Rozie design from 7forAll Mankind one of my favourite brands for jeans as they do a decent leg length. These are also on sale via their website. 


The necklace is one I have had for absolutely ages and the Cluse watch is another steal from my daughter.  It is their La Boheme mesh gold/silver design with an ultra thin case and modern  38mm diameter watch face.  I really like large watches and would struggle now to feel comfortable in a dainty ladylike style. 

As ever we have shown how we use colour in a very different way.  Anne C favouring brighter tones and Anne H a more muted earthy palette, which probably also reflects our individual personalities.  Interestingly Anne H is a pisces, and Anne C a leo - says it all!!!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sensational Baby Boomers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig