Friday 5 May 2017

HERE COMES SUMMER

We don't need too much encouragement here in the UK to believe that summer is on its way, just two consecutive days of sunshine is enough to set us scouring through our wardrobes for the summer clothes that we have stored away, followed by a quick trip to the shops either online or on the High Street to add some more things to that stash.  One of the big problems with our weather is that there are so many clothes that we only wear on holiday in warmer countries so they never seem to wear out.  We get sick of the sight of them way before they really need sending for recycling, but no matter we still keep adding to the haul.  


It is most unlike me to add quite such a colourful item to my wardrobe but I just loved the raspberry pink of this top from OSKA , it has a lovely flared shape that is truly flattering and the dividing seams at the front and back are really attractive.  A perfect top to team with summer whites or denim so I think this will be a very versatile addition to my wardrobe and at £69 not bank busting either.



I purchased the white jeans last year from 7 for All Mankind who do the perfect length for my height, being 5ft 8 it is really easy to land up with trousers that are neither capri or full length.  The sandals are also from last year and were purchased from Dune.  




When I was working, a long line blazer was a staple element in my workwear wardrobe, but since retiring I have struggled to find one that is casual yet still smart.  But not any longer,  I came across this blazer in the Madeleine catalogue and was thrilled that it was in the sale.



Very on-trend, being double breasted with deep lapels and patch pockets, this Madeleine  jacket is 86% cotton and 13% polyester so the perfect weight for early summer 



The deep wash jeans are from Ted Baker and purchased at their outlet store at Cheshire Oaks,  boots are from Russell and Bromley and are their Crystabel design with trapezoid block heel with statement silver back and hardware.  They are a perfect height for walking city streets but the black suede and extra design features make them ideal for day or evening wear. 




Another piece I really value this time of year is a lightweight knit with short sleeves which can be worn under a jacket or on its own.



I couldn't resist this top from Mint Velvet at £59. It is their Ink knotted Tee, a linen blend ribbed tee with knot detailing to add a point of interest to a classic design and flattering sleeve length, also available in Ivory and Bluebell.  



Last up is a shirt that my daughter passed onto me which came from Warehouse.  I love this length of shirt as I think it is perfect for day and evening wear and the fabulous tie sleeve detailing of this one just added to its appeal.  Sadly it is no longer available online but there are plenty of alternatives out there particularly with the tie sleeves, which would appear to be a a key feature this season - it remains to be seen how much I manage to get in my food!



The spectacles were purchased in New York this time last year and are the  Miu Miu Rasoir frame available from Frames Direct and Smart Buy Glasses at just under £120 albeit in  a different colour way. The necklace was a gift a number of years ago from a dear friend.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sensational Baby Boomers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig