Friday 13 January 2017

A MINI CHRISTMAS AND SALES HAUL






Anne H here, wishing you all the best for 2017. This seems like the perfect time to share some of my sale finds and Christmas presents with you.There are still some great finds in the sales and I didn't even venture to the shops until the end of last week and was impressed by what was available.  I didn't go mad but deliberately looked to add to my wardrobe staples of jeans and jumpers to see me through the cold winter months.  

My first stop was to COS where I found this long line merino wool jumper dress for half price.  I already have this in navy and have had a lot of wear from it, so was happy to add black to the wardrobe, particularly as it was only £40.  To wear it as a tunic, as I have here, I think you need to be relatively tall (I am 5ft 9 inches) but if you are shorter and want to wear it as a dress with boots then it is a perfect piece.  


As I was in the new Victoria Gate centre in Leeds I then popped into the John Lewis store on the hunt for some new jeans.  I particularly wanted straight leg and need a good leg length as I don't like them to fall too short.  Another sale find awaited me with these fabulous DL 1961 Coco Curvy Straight Jeans which were reduced to £90 from £144.  Still not cheap, but I am sure I will get a lot of wear out of them and I loved the colour and fit.  I don't know about you, but finding the right jeans is a real challenge, so I am really chuffed when I find a brand that is new to me and I am comfortable with.  I have teamed this with some velvet boots borrowed from my daughter's wardrobe and a lovely Labradorite Silver Disc Necklace featuring a hammered disc with a labradorite stone from The White Company that daughter Lizzy bought me for Christmas.  This is also now in the sale for £44.50.  


As I was raiding Elizabeth's wardrobe I also borrowed this lovely coat from Jigsaw, which she also featured on her blog here .  It is called the Magdalena Double Wrap Coat and is still available to purchase, although sadly it is not in the sale.  I just love the beautiful redwood tone and big patch pockets. I wouldn't normally fit Lizzy's clothes but she often buys coats in a larger size to accommodate big jumpers - so fingers crossed for this falling into my wardrobe later in the year.  



Another Christmas present is featured here - yes, I did very well and was incredibly spoilt- this fabulous handbag is from All Saints and is the Lafayette Large shoulder bag in Prune which is also now in the sale for £166.  It also comes in Light Caramel and Black and as All Saints put it - it is slouchy yet sleek and although roomy, will transition from day to night with ease.  One thing that strikes me as I write about the Christmas presents is how soon they drop into the sales - which is really frustrating and rather makes me wonder about asking for an IOU to spend in the sales, but that does take away the excitement of opening presents on Christmas Day. 



Next up is another sale find from COS with this cream cable knit jumper that was £55, reduced from £79.  It is lovely warm merino wool with a wide cable pattern and is a decent length on the body, which I think is the most flattering as I hate jumpers that ride up over the waist-line. 




I have accessorised with this pretty, sparkly, scarf from M&S which was a present from a friend.  It doesn't appear to be available any longer, but M&S can always be relied upon to have a great range of scarves in all colours.  I like to use a scarf to break up a high neckline  like this as it breaks the line which I believe makes me look slimmer - hope I am not deluding myself here!  



SHARE:

1 comment

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

© Sensational Baby Boomers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig