Sunday 18 December 2016

CHRISTMAS DAY DRESSING



I always feel as if I have to dress up on Christmas Day, when in truth, it's a day to relax, have fun and be with people you love.  After the hurley-burley of the year, Christmas Day is about family, friends and being comfortable.  I have been out for Christmas lunch to friends' homes in previous years and have felt the need to have full make-up, styled hair and beautifully manicured nails, when really, all I wanted to do was chill!


This year I think I have got it sussed!  There will just be three of us at home for Christmas Day, so I can be as relaxed and comfortable as I want to be, since I will be cooking and clearing up the mess caused by all the wrapping paper, string, bows and glitter on our beautifully wrapped presents.  Most of the day will be spent watching films and probably eating chocolates! The other Anne, however, has a full-on day for her much larger extended family and will be catering for a full house - 12 to be exact!

Ever a glutton for punishment, on Boxing Day she has also has invited us for lunch with her immediate family.  My outfit this year is one I rescued from the charity pile, and will be perfect for Boxing Day - dressy enough but comfortable.  I have lost some weight in the last couple of years and this was an outfit which was a little baggy (but I have tightened the waist line and it doesn't matter if the rest is a little loose) - perfect now for when one over-indulges at this festive time of year - and Anne is a superb cook so I know that there will be lots of lovely goodies to eat and drink.

My outfit for the day is a three-piece velvet suit of camisole, baggy straight legged trousers and a long swing jacket (it does have fur cuffs and collar but I have taken those off).

I have teamed the outfit with a statement glass necklace from John Lewis (like this but in silver) and rose gold diamante earrings from Simply Devine, and a sparkly crystal watch from Swarovski.


Anne H's very festive red silk longline shirt is from Pure Collection (although the website calls it burnt russet).  It's just a perfect length to feel comfortable in but still stylish and smart and in the perfect shade of red for Christmas. She has teamed it with a longline necklace from one of her favourite shops, Covet in Ilkley, which has a great range of unique, ethically sourced jewellery, and a handcrafted bracelet with coral inserts purchased from one of her frequent trips to Tropea. She is pictured below on her latest visit to Italy to celebrate a family birthday.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sensational Baby Boomers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig