Friday 29 June 2018

SUMMER HOLIDAY PACKING


The worst thing about going on holiday for me is the sorting out which clothes to take and then packing them!

Short city breaks are relatively easy because I have a system - in that all my separates should mix and match, so usually I have a colour scheme - often black, white and pink, or black, coffee and cream - and then I know that everything in the suitcase will match or co-ordinate with everything else.

Summer holidays however, are something else!  Since I love colour, my summer wardrobe is like a rainbow - with every colour under the sun - and I want to take them all with me!

Being an inveterate planner, this year I have decided to do some pre-sorting and planning, and have come up with a new idea for my two weeks in the sun!

Instead of taking all my favourite holiday clothes - which in the past has meant that I have overfilled my suitcase and paid the "fine" for that privilege, I have taken a long, hard look at what I'm taking away.


My holiday wardrobe consists of quite a lot of chiffon-style cover-ups which will be great worn over swimsuits, but will also double up as an evening kaftan - and the beauty is that they are incredibly light and easy to pack - with the added bonus of not creasing quite as badly as some of the heavier fabrics - particularly linen which I also have a penchant for.


And while they might be a tad see-through, a matching or co-ordinating cami underneath will keep me decent!

The trick will be to wear them for the evening first and then on the beach or around the pool, since they will then have a tendency to get a little grubby with sun-tan lotion, perspiration, or spilled drinks (hopefully cocktails!)

The first one of my dual-purpose kaftans is this bright orange one bought last year in Matalan, but I also have the same one in shocking pink. I bought another one this year which doubles as a dress, which could be worn with a plain slip underneath. There are also plenty of lace cover-ups around too, which would work just as well. Since they often have lovely shiny sequins on it also means I can keep jewellery to a minimum, since I hate anything tight around my wrists and neck when it is too hot.




The pink paisley cover-up was a gift from the other Anne, and this one has a heavily beaded neckline, and elasticated shaping at the front.

I have styled both of these outfits for evening wear - you won't catch me showing too much wearing a swimming costume because it's not a pretty sight!

The white skinny jeans are from M&S, white wedges from Nine West, watch by Reclaimed vintage from Asos and drop earrings from Simply Devine - all of which I have frequently worn previously.




The green kaftan (below) is one I bought in Santorini a couple of years ago, and has been back and forwards with me on holiday since then. The beauty of them also is that you can rinse them out if you spill something on them and they will easily dry overnight and don't particularly need ironing.



Finally - here I am getting ready to start packing (and looking a bit miserable!) - decisions decisions!  Happy holidays!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sensational Baby Boomers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig