Friday 13 April 2018

SPRING HAUL



Anne C here.  I have a very eclectic wardrobe in terms of colour style and price, and my new Spring wardrobe epitomises that in every sense!

I fell in love with this bright yellow duster coat while shopping in Tesco!  Using my Clubcard points it cost me just £5 from Florence & Fred, though the price tag says £39 - still quite a bargain as the colour is bang on trend for this season.


I love the mix of grey with yellow, I chose not to team with black accessories because I didn't want to look like a bumble bee, and think the grey is much softer.  The grey wrap is from my daughter's wardrobe, though I do borrow this quite a lot, and comes from Zara, though not recently.

The light grey stretch  super skinny jeans are also a budget buy from George at Asda, and are comfortable to wear, and also quite a bargain at £12.50  Fortunately as I am short (5'2"), I can find bargains, unlike Anne H who can only wear extra long length because of her height.

The pale grey ankle boots were a last autumn buy from River Island, and I love a little bit of bling, so the sparkly heels are just perfect.

The dress is something of a departure for me, because I rarely wear them these days, but I love this stretchy black fabric, which has a blood red velvet collar for interest.  This was bought during a recent trip to Iceland (the country, not the supermarket this time!) The lovely pin brooch just finishes the look, and I have teamed with my blood red pompom boots - which match perfectly - another bargain find from Primark during the winter months, so probably not available now.



The dress is quite versatile, since I can also wear with leggings if my legs freeze!  The earrings were a gift from my daughter and are by Freedom Jewellery from H&M - which also supplies TopShop - and while I don't think they have them in black any longer, I have recently bought the same ones in pink, so maybe they will repeat the design as they are popular (I now have them in black, red and pink - if you find something you like, I'm a great believer in getting it in every colour!)

To note the sun was shining during our photoshoot, so I am squinting quite a bit!






The mustard duster coat is another bang-on trend colour this coming season. Although I have dressed this as a casual with jeans, it would work just as well over a little black dress and heels for a more sophisticated look. The make is by Little Mistress from their Girls on Film range, which I bought in Debenhams at Manchester Trafford Centre.


The skinny denims are from Marks and Spencer - quite old now but there are still plenty of skinny jeans around, while the denim-look top was from TKMaxx a couple of years ago.

I have teamed it with yet another pair of Primark boots in navy suede - again not a new purchase - and accessorised with navy blue tassel earrings which were bought in Santorini last summer, but again this look is very up to the minute and there is plenty of choice this season in tassels in most of the high street shops (similar here) .

Wherever possible I do try to wear the same colour boots as my jeans/trousers because (I hope) it makes my very short legs look longer!




And my final word on this - why are the sleeves always so long on coats???? I probably need to get out my needle and cotton!

SHARE:

3 comments

© Sensational Baby Boomers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig