Friday 9 March 2018

ATTIRE FOR A LONG HAUL FLIGHT


There are  a lot of things about long haul flights that are trying but if they are daytime and you have the promise of a lovely holiday destination ahead of you and some good in flight entertainment it is bearable.  That is not always the case on a night flight on your way home, when you are struggling to sleep and the cabin temperature is unpredictable. I thought I would share some of my go to items to try to stave off the worse of this potentially uncomfortable journey.



Layers, layers, layers and loose clothing is a must for me.  I often wear jeans, not my skinniest, tightest, pair but rather the loose fit ones that I feel truly comfortable in.  I will team with a long sleeve T shirt underneath in cotton - yep, natural fibres are a must too.  For the top layer I will take a cashmere hoodie, which is lightweight but really warm and I can pull the hood up and hide my potentially dribbling face from the world. This one is from La Redoute who I really recommend for reasonably priced cashmere.



For my feet  I have found these Myria Geox trainers purchased from John Lewis are great. Not only are they breathable so you don't get over-hot feet but they have a zip as well as laces so you can easily take them on and off when going through security and obviously on the flight when your feet are likely to spread.  Wear some cotton or cashmere socks to make sure your feet stay warm.



The next item is something I am going to road test on my next trip which is coming up in a few weeks.  It has come highly recommended from a friend and is the architect designed Trtl neck pillow with built in support that you can position where it suits you best.  I have the conventional U shaped neck pillow but always find that I nod of and my head drops forward so I wake with a start and never truly fall asleep.  The theory of this one is that it stops your head from doing this and cradles it .... fingers crossed it works.  A revolution in my life if it does.  Mine came from Amazon and was £24.95 on their prime service.  I will be sure to let you know how I get on with it.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sensational Baby Boomers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig