Friday 6 October 2017

AEGEAN EVENING LOOKS


If you are a regular reader of our blog, you will know that hubby and I have holidayed in Santorini for the past 16 years, so I am not going to write a travel blog following this year's visit, as I did that last year - see here and here.

Obviously we just love the place, the people, the weather, the food and just about everything else.  We have persuaded Anne H and her blogger daughter Lizzy (shotfromthestreet), my daughter Louise and her boyfriend, and several of our friends to come along too, and so far no-one has said they didn't love it!

This time I am going to showcase my summer evening outfits (daytime ones consisted of swimming costumes and shorts which is not my most flattering look since I am rather curvy!)

In the first photo I am wearing a bardot in pale blue striped seersucker which was a bargain buy from Florence & Fred at Tesco, which I have teamed with cutoffs which I bought in the now defunct British Home Stores about ten years ago!  I think Anne H mentioned in her Tropean outfits blog a few weeks ago that some items only ever come out of the wardrobe for holidays, and the latter was definitely one of those items.  The sandals were bought in Thassos  (another Greek Island) earlier this year, where I was lucky enough to spend another holiday.


I love this archway of bougainvillea which is just outside our room, so you will have to forgive me that many of the photographs are shot there.

The cobalt blue top was a new purchase this year from a shop I never go in - until now - and that's Quiz.  It has wide flounced, pleated sleeves and a shaped hemline which suits my curvy hips.  The top is still available in the sales here, and in a variety of colours. I am wearing black chinos - one of my all year wardrobe staples also from Florence & Fred at Tesco, which I think should be ankle-grazers, but because I am just 5'2" they fit me as full length.  The gorgeous gold and silver bead necklace - which can be worn with a knot or with loose ends, is from Simply Devine in Tadcaster, which not only sells hats, but fantastic jewellery, pashminas and evening bags.  The sequined beach bag is also a very old one from Next, which I have had repaired with new handles because I love it so much, and it comes out every year.


I love this stretchy lime green top from Next, although I think it looks like yellow in the photos.  This was a new purchase this year and is super comfortable to wear - and still available in their clearance section of the website at an unbelievable £5 here, though only in small sizes. (I have again teamed it with the trusty black trousers seen earlier, and the same Next sequined bag).



Over the past couple of years I have lost a little weight, though I am still going to Slimming World as I need to lose more.  But I still wear those clothes which are a little baggy on me because I hate tight clothing when the weather is too hot - hence why much of my summer wardrobe is not new.

This is another top I have had for years, in an animal-pattern chiffon from Marks and Spencers, which is lovely and comfortable.  This time I am wearing with M&S white jeggings, which are stretchy so although quite skinny, are still cool enough to wear when the temperature rises.  The flip flops were a 42nd anniversary gift this year from hubby, in rose gold from Ted Baker, and are still available but only in silver or gold here.



Staying with Marks and Spencer, I bought this top in the sales at the beginning of the year and I love it.  Unfortunately I can't say that for much of M&S women's wear at the moment, which I find mostly drab and frumpy, with a selection of awful prints.  However, they are still fabulous for undies and I love their shoes, boots and accessories but the clothes......



I have included this slightly scary face to show off my lovely Santorini necklace in black lace and dark gold beads which I bought this year.  I have a favourite shop in Thira called Byzermani and they have the most amazing costume jewellery which I love.  Every year I make a point of visiting and always buy a beautiful necklace, so have quite a collection now. Unfortunately I don't think their website does their jewellery any favours, or maybe something has been lost in translation!


Thira is a fabulous place to visit for the evening, but we don't stay there.  There is a fantastic view of the sunset from the top of the Caldera, overlooking the volcano, but everything is incredibly expensive - from the cocktails to the clothes to the hotels.  Still, it offers a great photo-opportunity and for me the sunset is stunning - a view I never tire of seeing.

In the final picture I am wearing yet another dress I have had for so long it is positively vintage, although you can't see the detail, it is in navy floaty chiffon with sequinned anchors and neckline and came from Evans.  The watch I am wearing in all of the pictures is rose gold from Swarovski, since I love a bit of bling, and the sunglasses are a luxury purchase from Chanel, which are also positively vintage!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sensational Baby Boomers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig