Wednesday 12 October 2016

TRANSITIONAL DRESSING - COATS

Well, it's that time of year again when you start to think about the colder months.  I have already been rummaging under the bed to retrieve the storage bags and review my winter jumper collection. It is always rather lovely to see some of the old favourites that have been with me for way longer than they really should have - but they are too cosy to throw away.

Anne C and I have had a little pre-winter shopping spree and thought we would share with you our transitional coat buys. We are having a bit of an Indian summer here in Yorkshire so the jumpers will have to wait. There are lots of berries on the Holly bushes so I think we may be in for a cold winter.  I hope so, I prefer the proper seasons to the endless grey skies we can experience.  

First up is this Joseph Ribkoff coat that Anne C purchased from Hoopers in Harrogate (with some birthday money!).  It has a lovely shawl collar and is a really flattering length and shape for Anne.  It is great for both day and evening and she has accessorised it here with a scarf which was a present, and handbag from a gift fair at the local hospital. Her trousers are from M&S and boots from Primark (proving that you can mix and match high end high street with cheap and cheerful and still look good).

She is pictured in one of our favourite shopping haunts - the Victoria Quarter, which has some great shops, including Harvey Nichols where we stopped for a spot of lunch.




We're not too sure what the man in the shop behind Anne is doing in the window though!


I am wearing a coat I purchased last month from Zaras Trafaluc collection, which also comes in light grey.  I really love the boiled wool fabric style (it is a wool and viscose mix) and I like coats that don't include buttons for Autumn wear.  The wide shawl collar and mid length make this a really wearable piece and I have teamed it with a scarf from Covet and jeans from 7 From All Mankind. I'm really pleased that flares are coming back in as they really help to balance a heavier top half.  



The jumper is from White Company last years collection and is a really flattering length and shape, they have a very similar one in this years collection so I have linked that for you here. My glasses are from Miu Miu (Model VMU 04N)  and were purchased in New York - very jet set, I know.  




The handbag, which is the size of a small suitcase, is from Loxley and surprisingly is one where I can still find things inside.  I don't know about you, but a large bag becomes like the Bermuda Triangle and everything disappears into its depths.  This one has enough pockets to secrete keys, phone, lipstick etc so they don't get lost in the bottom with all the other junk.  Why oh why do we women carry so much stuff?  I am surprised I don't walk with a list.


The top I am wearing here is from Phase Eight and comes in some really lovely colours including pale blue, navy, charcoal as worn here and a colour they call Popsicle - which Anne has and which she bought independently from me - co-incidence we bought the same top but in different colours! The necklace was purchased from Seattle Art Museum and is a real find as it goes with everything - result!




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sensational Baby Boomers

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig